Firefly Photonics invites applicants for a research engineer focusing on research and development of mid-infrared (mid-IR) cascaded LED prototypes, LED arrays, and VCSEL arrays.
Activities may include:
- Micro- and nano-fabrication of mid-IR light sources using novel materials (photonic crystals and metamaterials) and geometries
- Optoelectronics device testing (L-I-V, spectrally resolved device light emission)
- Epitaxial semiconductor growth
- Development of product prototypes
- Business development, pursuit of grants/contracts
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science, Optics, or closely related field
- Background in experimental semiconductor physics, optics, optoelectronics/photonics engineering, and/or compound semiconductor materials
- United States Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Strong publication and/or innovation record as evidenced by peer reviewed journal articles, conference proceedings, patents, or products
- Extensive hands-on experience with micro- and nano-fabrication techniques, evident experience with thin film deposition and etching processes
$60,000 – $110,000 dependent upon qualifications.
The initial appointment is for one year with opportunity for renewal based on performance and continuation of funding.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firefly Photonics is an equal opportunity employer.